A bite from a venomous snake is rarely deadly — about 6 fatalities are reported every year — but it should always be treated as a medical emergency. Even a bite from a harmless snake can be serious, leading to an allergic reaction or an infection. So today we arw going to talk about the Steps Taken Immediately After Snake Bite.
Steps Taken Immediately After Snake Bite
There are 2500 types of snakes in the world out of which only 200 races are poisonous.People don’t die when they are bitten by these snakes.Most of the time people die due to shock after snakebite.
First aid steps you can take after a snake bite occurs include cleaning the wound, remaining calm, and immobilizing the affected area. However, it’s essential to get to a medical facility immediately for emergency treatment. If treated in time, the outlook for recovery is good.
Following are the steps taken immediately after snake bite are as fallow:
1. Make the patient lie down, give him complete rest and reassure him.
2. Do not let him walk.
3. If the bite is on arm or leg a constrictive bandage should be tied 2 or 3″ above the bite towards heart in order to prevent the venom from spreading.
4. If the person attending does not have cut and for use his mouth should suckthe venom and threw small amount at one time.
5. Wash the wound with soap and water very well or strong antiseptic lotion should be applied.
6. Cover the wound with sterile bandage.
7. Get medical aid immediately or send the patient to hospital.
8. If possible take away the killed snake to show it to the doctor.
9. Do not try to kill snake first attend to the patient.
10. Sucking of poison should be done by some responsible person.
11. Never show shock and nervousness to the patients.
If you want to read about prevention and meaures to control infections diseases. You can read it here.