A poison is any substance that is harmful to your body. You might swallow it, inhale it, inject it, or absorb it through your skin. Any substance can be poisonous if too much is taken. So in this we are going to discuss about the steps that should be taken in poisoning.
Steps That Should Be Taken In Poisoning
Any substance which enters the body and cause damage to health or life called poison. Poison may be dangerous for health. Some poison are those which can harm our health and result in death. These can enter the body in the following ways:
1. By swallowing
2. By Inhalation
3. By Injections
4. By contact with Skin
So for this we have to take some steps that should be taken in poisoning are as fallow:
1. Remove the patient to the hospital and call a doctor immediately.
2. Preserve the packets and bottles of the materials taken to show it to the doctor.
3. If the patient is unconscious don’t induce vomiting.
4. Make the person lie without pillow.
5. If the person lies sideways, with one leg stretched and one folded from knee, this will help the person to vomit.
6. Making him drink tepid water with 2 spoonful of salt will help him to vomit.
7. If needed give artificial breathing.
8. Giving medical aid as soon as possible.
Each year hundreds of people from all age groups require medical attention for poisoning from products commonly found around the home. These products include medicines (prescription, over-the-counter and veterinary), cleaning products, bleaches, swimming pool products, insecticides, herbicides, radiator coolants, petrol and cosmetics.
Poisoning is dangerous for human and some time it takes away the life of the person. So whenever a person suffer from poisoning fallow these steps that should be taken in poisoning.
If you want to read about steps taken immediately after snake bite. You can read it here.